Something about representation
So, before we get into today's blogpost... I'll just say something right out of the bat.
I am not a homophobe, or a transphobe or whatever other insult comes out of this community. nor do I support the views of President Trump or the Republican Party.
these are simply my own unbiased opinions coming from my guts, and I've kept these opinions quite closeted for a good while.
But in reality, I just simply don't care about your sexuality or who you are. After all, I'm not telling you how to live your own life.
And with that cleared up, allow me to talk about LGBTQ+ representation in media. (although this does sorta extend to other races and ethnicities)
Simply put, I'm sick of the representation.
I don't care if it comes from the heart, or if it's mandated by the boardroom, or even an effortless and unfunny "hahaha pronouns bad" joke.
I'm blatantly sick of it.
I swear this shit just gets on my nerves whenever I see it.
and I just have to speak up about it (after all, I can't stay silent forever)
I'm sick of it because I want a good story that doesn't do these things for a change, just do something without pandering to an ethnicity or a race for fucking once.
I just don't want to see these things shoved in my face, that's all.
But the problem is, it's just so rampant, that it's inescapable.
Heck, I'll even compare it to Scientology's brief meteoric rise in fame thanks to actors like Tom Cruise, because JEEZ it's just so shoved up my ass that I just have to blurt it out.
Besides the whole thing getting shoved up my ass, the main reason why I want representation to stop is because it's literally tearing people apart.
It's pretty easy, you reveal a character's pronouns/sexuality, right-wing people get mad, then left-wing people also get mad, and a whole riot ensues!
I mean, sure, the internet doesn't really have the same consequences as the real world, but it's just such a waste of energy and time to argue about a fictional character's relationship or sexuality (both of these things being quite literally IRRELEVANT in the grander scheme of things), not only that, but it would've been better had we not included the sexuality in the first place!
Just leave that gay shit to fanfictions and romance stories and dramas (or adult-focused media in general, instead of slapping that shit onto basically EVERYTHING), after all we don't want to yell at screens about some cartoon character with alternate descriptors or bizarre traits.
Heck I should quite literally take a break or go outside on a two-week vacation again to regain my own damn soul. because it's literally tearing me apart.
And so far, just to shorten this bullshit. It's fueling both sides towards negativity and it would've been better had we just NOT INCLUDED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
which is why I'm not willing to include LGBTQ+ representation in my comic project, mainly because I see it adds no value and just makes people madder. Maybe I could include it in a serious project or more adult-targeted story someday.
Anyways, here's my two cents. Thanks, everybody.